Saturday, January 15, 2022

Twelve miles...

 Well this was not the Saturday I'd hoped for...

Woke up this morning to much colder conditions than I'd expected.  Yesterday, the weather gurus were predicting temps around -1F/-18C.  When I took the dogs out, it was closer to -9F/-22C.  No big deal, but it made digging out the trailer, tarping it, and hooking it up a whole lot more 'fun'.

And with that, I was off to the dump (12mi) - I think I mentioned that I had to clean ~20 years of accumulated 'stuff' out of the garage.  And almost like Alice's Restaurant, when I got there the dump was closed.  OK, the SBK Malcom Street transfer station.  On to St Paul (12mi)... 20 minutes later, my wallet was 60 bucks lighter, my trailer was empty, and I was off to Maplewood (12mi) to pick up plywood.  Forest Products has a nice selection of Baltic Birch - quite reasonable compared to some other places, and it's all awesome product.  I picked up only enough for the floor this trip.  

Mission accomplished, run to the shop (12mi) to drop off the plywood and dimensional wood for the floor.  Found a parking place for it all, said hit to folks I knew, and headed home (yep, 12mi).  

Mail carrier pulled up as I was putting the trailer away with my new wheel adapters.  After dinner tonight, I opened up the package to find that they were 4 lug.  Just not my day... So new adapters are on order, and I'm drowning my irritation in a nice Kalamazoo stout with the Labs sacked out on the couch. Sometimes you just have to go with it.


Stay safe out there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hindsight is [almost] always 20/20...

 As I've said before, this trailer has been a very agile project.  There have been more than a few compromises, changes, and adjustments...