Thursday, January 27, 2022

Such a boring shot...

 Between my day job and 10 below, I haven't been able to get the floor panel home.  I've finished several small projects like end plugs, and made some cheezy blocks and tie-downs for transporting panels in the utility trailer.  And yes, that tie-down is asymmetrical.  I guesssed wrong on the amount of filament on the spool and it ran out about 20 layers short of a full print.  


But the better news is that I got the floor home, it's in good shape, and it's ready to sand, epoxy the bottom, and start attaching things like walls.  
And that will be my next post.  I've been struggling with the walls - learning that FreeCAD doesn't have the most intuitive facilities to split drawings, and then realizing that I really can't just 'split' it anyway - I need to plan on how to cut it, extrude the sketch, then prep the CAM job, and so on.  Comically painful for a boomer who learned drafting in high school with t-square and triangle...

In any case, the wheels will go on this weekend, I'll take my first real shot at turning expensive plywood into sawdust, and if it warms up a little, touch up the bottom with the sander and get some penetrating epoxy on the bottom.  Couple of coats ought to do it, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hindsight is [almost] always 20/20...

 As I've said before, this trailer has been a very agile project.  There have been more than a few compromises, changes, and adjustments...