Monday, August 15, 2022

Soft launch!!!

 

It's done - or at least somewhat usable...  It's been almost exactly one year since my wife and I first talked about the idea of a teardrop (since the motorhome was a non-starter).  I spent a month or so researching, watching youtube videos of manufactured trailers, people's video blogs, youtube channels, personal blogs, and Tony's book, ¨Building a Teardrop Trailer¨.  And by October, I'd decided that I could build what I wanted, instead of buying it.  There are a lot of cool trailers out there on the market, and I didn't build because they weren't available, but rather because they didn't tick all the boxes - or mostly, ticked too many!
When it was all said and done, I wanted:
  • A queen sized bed
  • Simple storage
  • Heat
  • AC
  • Fan
  • Stove
  • Fridge
  • No plumbing

What you see here is the 'soft launch' - mostly done, but still a lot of cosmetic touches to finish up, a lot of seam sealing, and a few things left like hooking up the AC, hooking up the propane system for heat and stove, and some more cosmetic touches.  

The really important stuff - it tows well, the mattress is comfortable, it breathes, and I think it shined up pretty well.  I have to admit I took a step back when I pulled off all the blue and really got to look at it.  
I'll do a couple of additional posts over the next few weeks, including the always questionable 'cost sheet'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hindsight is [almost] always 20/20...

 As I've said before, this trailer has been a very agile project.  There have been more than a few compromises, changes, and adjustments...