Sunday, February 27, 2022

Walls 'done'!


 Well, ok.  Not 'done-done', but nearly done.  The final coat of epoxy is hardening on the bottom right now, and I'm taking the afternoon mostly off to go ride my bike.  

Things I learned from these - 

Baltic birch soaks up Titebond 3 (varnish too!) like a sponge.  It takes a lot more glue than I expected, so I'm glad I bought a gallon!

When planning to cut the top layer rabbet using the core layer as a guide, make sure the core rabbet is deep enough for your router bit stack height (I had to grind off most of the screw holding the bearing in place to get it to fit.)

The use of some staples is almost unavoidable.

Don't forget to plan and clean a pocket for your door side switches, and the cable next to them.  (I did on the first wall - will go in from the back, mill out a path, and then cover it.  Oops - lotta extra work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hindsight is [almost] always 20/20...

 As I've said before, this trailer has been a very agile project.  There have been more than a few compromises, changes, and adjustments...